What do I do if I (or my child) accidentally has a tooth chipped, loosened or knocked out?

If the tooth is chipped, save the chipped portion in a clean container with some saline or milk, if available, and get to a dentist ASAP. If a permanent tooth is avulsed (knocked out of the socket), bite on a clean gauze to stop the bleeding, gently place the tooth in a clean container with milk or saline or place it under your tongue (avoid water), and get to a dentist within an hour (this is very important). If the tooth is a baby tooth, have the child bite on clean gauze to stop the bleeding and get to your dentist ASAP. If the tooth is loose or displaced in the socket, get to the dentist within an hour, if possible. If you’re unable, try to move the tooth back into the original position for the time being and get to a dentist when you can.

How often should I see a dentist for a checkup and cleaning?

Under normal circumstances, visits at 6- to 12-month intervals are recommended. Patients with periodontal or systemic conditions may require more frequent visits.

Why should my child get his or her baby teeth filled when they will fall out anyway?

Copyright Impression Dental 2017 - Legal
Created by

Legal notice